Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our First Painting Lesson














Busy hands helping each other with the aprons






The students were working on an art piece " Underwater World" last week. The mention that I will be letting them paint the backgrounds set them all excited. I recalled how excited I used to be on the rare occassions whenever my art teacher allowed us to paint too when I was little.




I did not anticipate that it will take me quite a while to get my 30 little excited darlings to don on their aprons. Though most of them could tie their shoelaces, tying the ribbons of their aprons proved to be a little challenge for most of them as the ribbons are now located at the back of their waists. It was nice to see them helping each other with the ribbons. Finally almost after a period, we were all ready to go down to the art room.



After sketching their drawings, they outlined their drawings with black markers. This will allow them to still see the tracing after they applied the blue paint. When the paint dried, They were taught how to do colour blending using oil pastels. I hope to upload some of their nice masterpieces soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment